Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point I ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact me directly, I may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send me, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you sign up for emails, I ask for your contact information, including items such as your name and email address.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the webste, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Erin Bensinger — Social Media Strategist follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Erin Bensinger — Social Media Strategist uses “cookies.” These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Erin Bensinger — Social Media Strategist has no access to or control over these cookies that may be used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
I do not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal information. Regardless, for your personal information, under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
- If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me using my contact form.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
I only receive personal information other than your IP address if you willingly enter it on this site. Regardless, I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that I complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that I transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me using the contact form on my website.
Although I cannot imagine many children regularly visit my site, I still encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Erin Bensinger — Social Media Strategist does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, I strongly encourage you to contact me immediately so that I may promptly remove such information from my records.